Consistently maintaining your oral hygiene is vital to avoiding dental problems and possibly serious health issues. While regularly brushing and flossing is necessary, you should also visit your dentist for regular cleanings at least twice a year. Teeth cleanings are key to detecting and correcting initial problems such as cavities and gingivitis before they escalate into more serious issues. Not only will stopping these problems early save you time and pain, but money as well. Children over the age of four or five should visit their dentist for a professional teeth cleaning at least twice a year. At Bartlett Dental Associates, we provide comfortable dental cleanings, specifically to detect, deter and prevent gum disease.
What Occurs in a Dental Teeth Cleaning?
- Our standard cleaning procedure involves removing tartar and plaque above and below your gum line. After removing these bacteria build-ups, we also polish your teeth and apply fluoride topically.
- We also use this process as an opportunity to check for dental problems such as cavity development, evidence of gum disease and possible signs of oral cancer.
- If gum disease is discovered, we may recommend a deep gum cleaning to eliminate bacteria deep below the gum line. A local anesthetic is administered with this as well, so you will feel no pain.
Why Teeth Cleanings are Important?
- To discover and treat problems (cavities, broken teeth, decay, etc.) before they become problematic.
- To check for signs of gum disease and begin treatment if necessary. Untreated gum disease has been linked to a number of health issues including heart disease, diabetes and strokes.
- To inspect for abnormalities that may by oral cancer and begin treatment ASAP.
- Dental cleanings improve bad breath and give teeth a healthy, clean appearance.
The American Dental Association recommends you see your dentist at least twice a year for a comprehensive dental exam. Maintaining your oral health is crucial in avoiding pain, tooth loss and expensive restorative dentistry procedures. Midtown Dental and Vision will provide a complete checkup to determine any potential problems such as tooth decay, cracks and gum disease. We will also happily replace older, worn-out dental work, such as metal fillings and discolored crowns.
With a comprehensive exam every six months, we can manage small dental problems before they grow into larger, more complicated issues. Untreated cavities can grow rapidly and destroy an entire tooth, a cracked tooth may break off if not discovered and corrected, and gum disease can advance if not detected early. Advanced gum disease can cause tooth loss and lead to serious health issues such as oral cancer, which causes more than 7,500 deaths each year.
Catching these problems early is essential in controlling them. By keeping up on regular checkups, you can avoid costly dental problems, stay healthy and continue to enjoy your smile!
Providing comfortable support and fitting dentures allow you to reform your smile. Features include:
- Natural arrangement of teeth
- High-quality acrylic base plate
- A secure, comfortable fit
- Shaded to natural tooth appearance
- Additional options for whiter shades and improved odor resistance
- A natural gum look provided by the highest-quality acrylic base
We are your destination your whole family’s dental needs. With a convenient location and appointment options, you will want to bring in your whole family!
We provide family dental care in a comfortable and inviting atmosphere. From braces to dentures, we are your family dentist. Our team is trained to help you keep your teeth healthy and provide a range of dental care which includes:
- Advanced Oral Cancer Screenings
- Comprehensive Exams
- Gentle, Professional Cleanings
- Same Day Emergency Care
- Periodontal / Gum Disease Treatment
- Mouth Guards
- Night Guards
emergency dental care
Our team at Midtown Dental and Vision shares not only a passion for dentistry, but also a commitment to professional excellence and patient-centered treatment options. We understand that oral discomfort is not just a slight inconvenience – oftentimes, it’s a painful dental issue that needs addressing as soon as possible.
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please do not hesitate to contact our office during our available office hours. We will do our absolute best to ensure that you are taken care of in a comfortable, affordable and timely manner.
What qualifies as a dental emergency? The following oral health issues need professional evaluations immediately:
- Infected or swollen gums
- Abscessed teeth
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Tooth decay
Our dedicated team will help you feel completely relaxed and comfortable during your visit.